I spent a lot of yesterday sewing. I LOVED it! The pattern planning, cutting out, pinning, sewing, clipping seams, pressing seams and so on. I enjoyed every minute of it!
Sewing used to be an almost all-the-time thing for me. If I wasn't reading I was sewing. Computers have a lot to answer for! However, I found the pattern for this bag online so I suppose that's something good about them.
And I have made some fantastic friends online from all over the world so computers aren't such a bad thing really. I just need to manage my time better so I can compute AND sew! So, yes, ignore that remark about computers having a lot to answer for! :oD
Anyway, see what I made yesterday!
I changed the pattern I found online as I didn't like the way it looked - there would have been a seam right down the middle of the main part of the bag and, with the fabric I was using, that would have looked ridiculous!
I'm treating this one as a prototype and will change the pattern some more. The handles, for example are way too wide and I think some padding is called for - the bag is way too floppy. But that's the fun of making things - change things around a wee bit and you make it unique!
Oh, and for any of my computer friends reading this - please note the books in the bookcase - Photoshop rules! LOL
Great job! I love the pattern on the material, so cute!
ReplyDeleteI love it! Great choice on the fabric, it looks very chic. And yes, Photoshop does rule, hehe!
ReplyDeleteI'm a computer friend (I hope) but I can't tell what's up with the books- are they PS books or are the titles gone?
ReplyDeleteThat bag is soooooo cute Anne!
Love the bag Anne, great work!
ReplyDeleteI have bad eyes and can't see the books either lol.