Friday, 26 December 2008

TABLET

Here's the recipe for my tablet. The photo is not that great but it was the last piece in the box - which I ate after I photographed it! :oD

And here is a photo of a brand new trayful. It didn't last long either! :oD

TABLET

½ cup milk
1lb sugar
2 tbsp syrup
knob of butter - about the size of a walnut

Put in pan and melt SLOWLY until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil and boil for 3½ minutes. Remove from heat and beat with an electric hand-held beater for about 1 minute. Put into a greased baking tray. Cut while still warm.

Eat!

This is kind of a hit and a miss recipe. I’ve been making it for years and it still sometimes won’t set. I just scrape it all back into the pan and reheat it and try again.

If it sets before it even gets out of the pan - no worries. It still tastes good even if it looks ugly! 🤪

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to make another batch so that we can take another photo. And I'm pretty sure that the next batch won't yield a good picture either - so we'll have to make some more. Shame.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)