And the figures for the shortest day:
dawn to dusk = 8 hours and 31 minutes (no change since Monday)
sunrise to sunset = 6 hours and 57 minutes (5 minutes less than Monday)
And here's what the sunlit earth widget looks like on the winter solstice.
As for the sewing that I did today. Well, I was meant to be making those 3 pairs of double oven gloves which, theoretically should have been finished this morning. But they weren't. Why? Because I decided that, rather than doing them the easy/fast way, I'd make my own bias binding ... (this is really a Christmas red colour)
... and do them the long way using that bias binding. So, instead of 3 pairs of oven gloves, I only got one pair made.
I might just get the other 2 pairs made over the weekend but it really doesn't matter as they're all for me. Yep, nobody but me! Yay!! :o)
I
ReplyDeleteI'm on my phone and I have no idea what happened just there on the first comment! Sorry about that! Your sewing is beautiful, I always enjoy your blogs. And I seriously didn't realize our days were THAT short! Ahhhh soon it will be Spring :)!
ReplyDeleteLove the oven gloves.
ReplyDeleteI quite enjoy the short days. It's a great excuse to snuggle up and be all cosy!
J x
I love that fabric!! I am so glad we have had the shortest day - I am looking forward to lighter nights ......and it would be nice to have some bright frosty day, instead of the grey dreary days we are having at the moment!
ReplyDelete