
The back is a dark red fleece.

I made a new Christmas tree wallhanging using half-square triangles. I added some yellow and red ric rac and a yellow felt star to the top of the tree. It has been hung on the wall since I made it in early November!

The back shows off the quilting really well!

I started a tradition a few years ago of making Emily and Isla tree decorations to hang on their family tree for now and for their own trees when they have them. I'm very happy with the ones I made them this year. These ones are the dala horse ornaments from Embroidery Library.

I embroidered their names on to cotton tape and hand-stitched them to the back so the girls would know which one was theirs. Mind you, being that their favourite colours are purple and pink, it was probably pretty obvious which one was for which girl!

Another Christmas tradition for me is to make a diary cover for Joanna. This year I embroidered the cool chick design from Planet Appliqué. I love it - and, more to the point, so does Joanna!
This is the front:

The back:

The side pockets:

The lining - which isn't seen when the diary is being used.

This is where I was up to with the Christmas cross-stitch at the end of November. It's nowhere near finished - maybe about halfway done - but I knew it wouldn't be when I started it. Hopefully it will be by next Christmas!!

Just December to blog about and I'll be all caught up. It shouldn't take me long as I haven't been doing much sewing - been busy with other things, apparently! 🎅🏻 🎄
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)