Sunday, 2 October 2022

September's sewing

I started the month off by sewing a pinafore for Isla. It matches the one I made for Emily which I showed here. I again used the Bloomy pinafore pattern from Puperita.

I then sewed some tapes on to some towels for Joanna.

I made a lingerie bag for going into the washing machine. I've had this Ikea numbers fabric for a very long time - it's nearly all used up now but not quite!

I treated myself to a book about making letters from patchwork called "The Spelling Bee by Lori Holt". It wasn't cheap but I intend to make very good use of it. I practised with A, J and D but fully intend making all of them and sending them to the girls. I don't know when that will be but I'll work on it!

I decided to use up some of the square-in-a-square blocks I made back in May to make doll's quilts for the girls. These will be for part of their Christmas so have been put upstairs until I've made a few other things ready to post them.

I only had 6 ballerinas in total so embroidered two to make this second quilt - top left and bottom right. I got the embroideries here. I didn't have any of the black/pink circles fabric left so I replaced it with the pink flowery fabric. It makes the quilts the same but different - always a good thing!

I made another double wedding ring block. You might notice that there are unpicked stitches in the navy fabric at the bottom right. That's because I sewed the block together wrongly and had to take it apart! What a numpty! LOL

I made the last three blocks on the summertime quiltalong.

Practical Orchard:

4 X Variation:

Indiana Puzzle:

I decided I wasn't ready to sew these into a quilt yet so I dug put one of my patchwork books and made some more blocks.

Card Trick:

Light and Shadows:

King's Crown:

Lastly, I made a runner for the unit the television sits on.

Then I made 2 runners for the bookcase units that sit under the windows:

I backed these with Christmas fabrics so, in December, all I have to do is turn them over.

That's my sewing report for September. I've already made stuff this month but I'll save those for my October report!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful makes as always, mum. Especially loving my 'J' and the reversible runners! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beanie! I'm glad you like your "J"! 😘

      Delete
  2. Another busy month for you. I always enjoy seeing the fabrics you use, I love the butterflies on Isla's pinafore and those cute little sausage dogs. What a brilliant idea backing the runners with Christmas fabric, I'd have never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I had fun using up scraps this month!

      Delete
  3. Love the Ballerina quilts and the runners for the bookcases. You've given me an idea for mine. They are dark wood and I love them but they do show the dust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. I'm steadily working my way around all the surfaces that I have to dust. LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)