

Next I made a couple of masks to go with the floaty frocks I made last month. The floaty frocks have sadly all been washed and hung back in the wardrobe for next year but, if we're still wearing masks next summer, these will get an airing then too!

Joanna had told us a while ago about an episode of Family Guy where the characters had met up with some of the Star Trek Next Generation characters. (I think that's right!) Anyway, one of the characters from Family Guy had asked why his washing up sponge got mouldy and smelly and, apparently, Jean Luc Picard said these words. It made us laugh so I had to make an embroidery for Joanna using the words. She found the sponge here and I added the words in my Embrilliance program. I plan to make one for my kitchen some time too.

I used up a piece of fabric that's been gathering dust on my shelves for ages. I didn't have quite enough to make my usual nightie pattern so I dug out another pattern (Butterick 5854, long out of print) and some lace and made that instead. I wore it a few times before the nights started getting a bit chilly so this will probably now sit on the bottom of the nightie pile until next summer. At least it's off the sewing room shelves!

I made a wee runner for the top of our hostess trolley. Yes, we have a hostess trolley and it's used faithfully every Christmas!

I then made a bigger runner for our pine cabinet.

I then decided to make another runner for each of them using Christmas fabrics. At the moment, the Christmas ones are sitting under the rest-of-the-year ones because I just couldn't be bothered putting them away!
This is the one for the hostess trolley:

And the one for the pine cabinet.

I bought a couple of new towels so they needed cotton tapes on them so they can be hung. Didn't take long.

I made a wee top for Emily. This is the Liberty top from Puperita which, for some reason isn't on her site any more. This is the front:

And the back:

I've been keeping up with the Summer Quiltalong I talked about in last month's post.These are Old Maid's Puzzle blocks:

5 piece chain blocks:

Windmill blocks:

I made one more double wedding ring block.

Lastly, these are just some of the tomatoes Douglas has been growing in the greenhouse. I worried that they weren't getting very big but it turns out they're cherry and baby plum tomatoes and so they're meant to be wee! They might be small but they are delicious!

Where on earth do you find not only the time but the energy for all that, I'd be very happy to have just a small percentage of that done in a month. Isn't it lovely to be working with Christmas fabrics again, I love the runner you've made for the hostess trolley, very jolly and bright. A dry sponge in a happy sponge, haha. It brings to mind one of the experiments Eleanor did at uni concerning the sponges they were all using in their uni digs. They had to take them in to experiment on them, I won't tell you what grew on them when they tested them in the labs, suffice to say it made me feel quite ill!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jo. I confess to doing as little housework as I can get away with! LOL I don't think I want to know what was in those sponges! Eeeeeww!
DeleteI love all your awesome makes - but especially the Christmas bits and my embroidery! Because JLP is correct "A dry sponge IS a happy sponge!" 🤣 Oh, and always love me a bit of Russian Doll goodness! Fanks for making my embroidery, mama!
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome. I had fun making it all! 😘
DeleteMy goodness!!!! You have been busy. Loving it all & Your pine dresser is similar to mine, so may think about a long mat for mine. Thanks for sharing , take care & hugs.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Susan! The best thing about the runners is you don't have to dust so often! 😊
DeleteNo comments from me of late, so I'm playing catch up now. Love the sponge embroidery, JLP is quite right! Lovely wee top for Emily .Lots of lovely wee tomatoes, my favourites, although I doubt I could taste them at the moment. Recovering from COVID yet again. 4th time unlucky and this has been by far the worst, despite having all my jags!!!
ReplyDelete