
The inside empty:

And the inside filled with cash. The joke of it is, I can't remember when I last used cash. I got this lot out of the machine in about November last year and it's still all as pristine as the day I got it out! Never mind, at least I have a cute purse to put it in, eh? LOL

I made a couple of project bags for no reason other than I felt like making them. I love them both!


And finally, I made another 3 shirts from my all time favourite shirt pattern, McCall's 5359. I have used other patterns occasionally but I always come back to this one. Mostly because it's so comfortable but also because I've made it so many times that I don't need to look at the instructions.



I did a rough count of all the shirts I've made using this pattern based on the photos I have on my computer. I'm not convinced the count is accurate but, if it is, these three are numbers 32, 33 and 34! I'd say I've got my money's worth out of this pattern!
That's such a clever purse with separate pockets, though like you, I don't use very much cash these days. I love the project bags, very handy being drawstring but also having handles too. I'd definitely say you've got your money's worth out of the shirt pattern. I don't see a need to find new patterns if you're happy with the one, and the shirts look different anyway being made in different colours.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jo. With patterns now being really expensive - about £11 each - the more I use what I've got, the better. I feel sorry for the people just starting out on their sewing journey. It's definitely not a way of saving money any more!
DeleteLove the wee purse. I seem to remember having a similar one when I was a wee girl, because I wanted the same purse as my Nan.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right about Sewing being an expensive hobby now. I nearly died when looking through a pattern book in John Lewis' recently. Pattern prices are extortionate now!!! i will definitely take very good care of the ones I have.
Thanks, Kim. The wee purse reminds me of the one I used to take to Sunday School. You're so right about the price of patterns. Then you add on the fabrics and threads and zips etc and, if you haven't made the pattern before, you're not sure if it'll fit or not. Best to stick with the ones we know!
DeleteI love the purse - so clever but holds so much money. Now, if only I actually HAD money! LOL! And beautiful shirts as always. Can't pick a favourite as they're so pretty! Go you! 🥰❤️
ReplyDeleteThanks, Beanie. I still have the same amount of money in it as I had when I made it. I don't know when I last used cash! 😊
Delete