I used more of my massive collection of 4½" squares for the back.
Douglas told me he prefers the back to the front and I can see his point. There's more logic to the back as I deliberately placed the squares in a dark/light/dark or light/dark/light setting which is very pleasing to us mathematically-minded people. The front is, just in the way it's done, almost a random placement of fabrics which can feel messy somehow. Either way up, I'm happy with this quilt. 😊
I then made some napkins for Debbie - 2 Christmas ones and 4 bright summery ones.
In amongst the fabrics I have to make things for Debbie was a small plastic bag of cut pieces meant to be made into a tablerunner. Well, all I can say is, it's a good job I am that previously mentioned mathematically-minded person because this took a LOT of sums to try and get this to be remotely tablerunner sized. I managed, though, and this is how it looks. I had literally 12" x 2¼" of fabric left when I'd finished sewing the binding on. Talk about cutting it fine!
I still have lots of fabrics in Debbie's crate but I decided to give myself a break from patchwork and made another couple of tops using New Look 6344.
This photo is not a good representation of the fabric - good job I'd taken a close-up to show the stars. This is a better match to the real thing!
The other top (same pattern) -
That's quite a good match to the fabric but I took this photo to show the teeny tiny spots on the fabric.
I don't know what's next on my lockdown making list but, no doubt, I'll think of something.
Stay safe! 😷😊