I've already sewn something. It's a bit of an experiment and it's worked ... for the most part! I wanted to make a new type of oven glove which had two pockets for my fingers instead of my usual one. That meant the oven glove had to be longer so some guessing, drawing and paper cutting was needed.
Then I dug through my box of bits of odds and ends, found some already quilted bits so I made use of those. Next I dug out some bias binding not bothering if it matched my quilted bits or not. This is what I came up with.
The side with the two pockets.
This is how it looks with my fingers inside.
The other side.
I'm really pleased with this ... except for one thing. The hanger needs to be moved around on to the long side because it's going to dip into whatever I'm taking out of the oven or microwave the way it is right now.
Apart from that, I'm chuffed with how this has worked. I'm actually surprised at finding that I'm not bothered that the bias binding doesn't match the fabrics I used. Food for thought for the future! I now have to make copious notes of what I did so I can repeat it!
A good start to the year! :o)