Here's the inside:
Then I decided I "needed" to make a couple of pincushions to match. Using hedgehog fabric for pincushions - and a needlecase - just seems quite appropriate, don't you think?
Next I used my ex-Maths teacher skills to make a cube. Funny how the template for making a cube came flooding back to me without too much thought. Some things are wedged in my brain forever, it seems!
I used 6 of the gazillions of 4½" squares I cut out recently.
I quilted each side first then joined them and lightly stuffed the cube.
Emily's quite fond of it! It's not as big as it looks - it finished at just under 4" per side.
It's been quite a while since I played with my embroidery machine so I decided it was about time to remedy that. As always, my fingers are there to show the scale.
I really enjoyed playing with the embroidery machine again. I need to do it more often!
The turtle, pig, zebra and tiger all came from emblibrary.com and the stag's head came from planetapplique.com. Neither of those are affiliate links - I just put them there in case anyone's interested!
Now, this is the best bit of this post. Emily and I were playing at the weekend and the belly laughs that came from her - and from me!! - were hilarious. Joanna caught us on her phone. So. Much. Fun!
Oh my gosh, that video is wonderful. She is getting so big already. I can't believe she's already laughing so much. I love everything you made. The cube is going to be a big hit for months with Emily. And I love that hedgehog fabric. I can see why you'd want to use it as much as possible!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jennifer. It's hard to believe that Emily is only 8 weeks old and she's giggling like that. Just amazing! :o)
Delete"Love" the clip of you & Emily, though I could see Tilly wandering in the background & wondered if she was wanting attention too. Little ones! Our youngest will be 10 ten this year & I only get to see babies when visiting in UK, though they are all growing too. The cube is great, as are your sewing bits. I do like the hedgehogs, but please don't stick one with a pin. Only the spaces between(giggle). Take care.
ReplyDeleteTilly was okay with Emily giggling - in fact, Joanna has played her the video a few times and Tilly looks around as if to see where Emily is!
DeleteOh, Emily is adorable, she's such a little giggler already. Don't they grow so quickly though? Love the sewing and that hedgehog fabric and that piggy is fab.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jo. It's hard to believe Emily's just 8 weeks old and already she's learned so much!
DeleteThere is nothing more joyful than the sound of a baby giggling...I love it.
ReplyDeleteI also love your sewing projects. The embroidered animals are fabulous-x-
Thanks, Sheila. You're right - baby giggles are the best!
DeleteLove the stags head and the piggy. What a lovely giggle Emily has.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kim. I suspect Emily and her Grammie might always be giggling together!
DeleteAwwwww - it's still cute the 100th time I've watched it! :D
ReplyDeleteI know! I watch it several times a day - and laugh every single time! :oD
DeleteI'm still laughing after watching the video clip! I love the hedgehog fabric, and you can never have too many pincushions!
ReplyDeleteIsn't the video so much fun! Those baby giggles are just the best! :oD
DeleteOh how cute! She's a little doll - and how fun to hear your Scottish accent!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Anna! :o)
Delete