We're back. Very tired, jet-lagged and our stomachs don't know what to think!
Eating your evening meal at 11.30pm is bad enough but, when it's airplane food that's even worse. Then, a measly 4 hours later, you're eating breakfast - airplane breakfast - no wonder our stomachs are bamboozled!!
Our flight out of Halifax was delayed by 2 hours for bad weather in Newark but, as we had a 3 hour lay-over, we knew we'd still make the Newark flight on time. Then that was delayed by an hour *sigh* and then, when we eventually did get on, it took another hour to get off the ground. *more sighs*
So we got back to Edinburgh 2 hours later than we'd hoped. A l-o-n-g, l-o-n-g day just sitting around airports or squished into planes! Whoever said that travelling was the best part of a holiday needs his head examined.
Anyway, we're home. We had a wonderful time - thanks, Debs, Jay and Molly.
Molly and I got on famously and I have it on good authority that she cried this morning when I wasn't sitting on the couch reading my book when she was allowed out of the bedroom. Oh, Mollipop! :o(
There will eventually be photos shared on here - once I get them all on to my computer - hopefully this weekend some time!
In the meantime, I need to go to bed and see if I can catch up on some much needed sleep.
Yay -- you're back! Air travel is awful these days -- it rarely seems to go smoothly. And if it does, there's always the hassle at security to throw some excitement into it. So glad you're safely home!
ReplyDelete