Monday, 2 February 2026

what I made in January

I sewed and sewed and sewed in January but I only have one thing to show for it.

Basically, I sewed a huge amount of scraps together, added some black sashings in an unusual way, quilted it, bound it, labelled it and called it done. I've explained it in just a few words but it took me ages to sew because I had to figure out how to make it so that I could get the black bits to match up properly. I personally think it's fabulous but then I might be slightly biased! 😃

Here's the quilt:

The back is the last of the grey squiggly fleeces I bought in the Asda sale a couple of years ago. I'm sad that they're finished - I'm keeping my eyes open for more bargains like those!

I quilted this on the black sashings using the serpentine stitch on my sewing machine using a rainbow coloured thread on the top and in the bobbin. It stands out so well against the black.

The best thing about this quilt is I managed to use up a lot of scraps - but not nearly as many as I hoped I would! Even more importantly, I enjoyed myself. Isn't that why we do hobbies? If not, it should be!!

Needless to say, I'm already knee-deep in another quilt and hope to get that finished soon.

2 comments:

  1. The quilt is absolutely stunning. It was worth all the work and effort.
    But you definitely need to get yourself more scraps. Quilting makes you happy. Scraps make quilts. Ergo, scraps make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooooo!!! I still have tons of scraps left so I definitely don't need any more. (For now!) 🤣

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)