Saturday, 5 April 2025

pinnies, oven gloves and joined up bump

I had some of the faces fabric I'd used earlier for pinnies and oven gloves for myself and Jo so I used it to make more of the same. First off, a couple of pinnies for Debbie:

and a pair of oven gloves:

Then I made a couple of mini versions for Emily and Isla. I won't be posting these as we're visiting them in Canada in July. I can't wait!!

This next "make" is a bit strange but, honestly, I am so pleased with it. Every time I make a quilt there is always bump left over - the wadding used inside the quilt. It's always small strips or bigger strips, small squares or bigger squares, small rectangles or bigger rectangles. You get the picture. Well, I decided to join all my leftover bits together to see how big a piece I could make. This is what I ended up with. It measures 52" x 50" so big enough to use in a quilt. All made out of leftovers. And, when it's used in a quilt, nobody would ever be able to tell it was joined up bits. I feel like I definitely got something for nothing there!

I made up some half square triangles for a future quilt. I hope to be able to show that soon!

I told you last month I was knitting a cardigan for Isla. I got it finished and I'm chuffed to bits with it. I know it'll be a bit big but, apparently, that's how the girls like their cardigans so it should be fine!

So, that's my March makes. I wonder what I'll get done in April?

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't everyone love their cardis big? And I love the shot of the blue-strapped pinnie (pinny?) - the teddy is judging us all! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed the teddy when I posted the photo. It made me laugh! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)