Saturday, 28 December 2024

the rest of December

I know it's not quite over yet but I thought I'd post the other things I've made this month - and last - so that I can start the New Year with a clean slate. There's actually not that much to show but, like every other person, I've been a bit busy with Christmas prep! LOL

First of all, I made Jo's diary cover. I make one each year for her and she seems to appreciate them so I suspect I'll keep doing that! For this year's one - actually, it's next year's! - I used calico for the outer fabric, the pockets and the lining. I used my embroidery machine to embroider a J on the outside and the year - here's where I got that.

This is the diary cover flat:

The inside showing the pocket flaps:

The front when the cover is closed:

The back when the cover is closed:

As you can see, I used a piece of elastic to close it this year - MUCH easier than faffing about with buttons or magnetic catches etc etc. The elastic also holds the pages at the one you're working on. I will definitely use this method of closing the covers in the future!

Next I made a Christmas stocking for a wee baby boy. I'd made him a quilt earlier this year which is being well-used so I thought a Christmas stocking would be a nice thing to make. I made it double sided so he can hang it whichever way he wants! I bet it'll be filled with lots of stocking fillers!

I put his name on one side:

And this is the other side:

I then made myself another Archer shirt. I LOVE this pattern so much. According to my notes on the pattern envelope, this is the 11th one I've made! And I have one more cut out and another ready to be cut out. Goodness me! I've definitely had my money's worth out of it!

So that's December done. No doubt I'll be back next year showing off all the things I've been making. In the meantime ...

2 comments:

  1. I love my diary cover - thank you so much! And thank you, too, for Jaxon's lovely stocking. And I love those shirts, too, and they're not even mine! You smashed 2024 - here's to even more sewing in 2025!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo! And you're welcome! You'll need to let me know how the elastic closure works over the course of the year!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)