Friday, 25 October 2024

September's sewings

Crumbs, it's nearly the end of October and I haven't shown what I made in September yet. Time flies when you're having fun, apparently!

Without further ado, here's what I sewed.

First of all, I made a few more blocks which are 12½" square which will be 12" square when sewn into a quilt.

Those three have been put away with the other 12½" squares I made earlier in the year to be made up into a quilt when there are enough of them!

The next block is the first of 20 I made for a quilt. I made the 19 others too but, for some reason, I didn't photograph them! I'll show the finished quilt in the October post.

The other thing I sewed was a fleece waistcoat. This is only for wearing in the house when it gets a bit chilly. This will keep me cosy enough.

As you can see, I used up lots of bits of fleece to make this.

The front:

The back:

The insides:

I love it! It's so colourful and cosy! And it has pockets!!! 🤣

I'll be back soon showing off the October makes.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see your post. Love the waistcoat, it's the sort of thing I've with left over yarn in the past. I'm not allowed outside in one of my " creations" as my husband say's I look like that guy off TimeTeam, who used to wear the stripey jumpers or that I'd be mistaken for a woolly "bag lady". Cheek!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I remember that chap. I loved his stripey jumpers! LOL

      Delete
  2. Love the quilt blocks and I can confirm that the waistcoat is both colourful and super cozy. Surprised it didn't come with me when I left!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo! Keep your paws off my waistcoat! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)