First I picked out some fat quarters:
Then I cut them into strips or squares. I decided on 6¾" blocks (finished size) so my strips are 7¼" x 2¾" (cut size) and the wee squares for the second border are cut at 2¾". This should make the finished quilt 54" square - or thereabouts.
This is the pile of blocks waiting to get their second strip sewn on:
These are the blocks all sewn and pressed.
And this is the centre square all sewn together.
Oh. My. Goodness. I absolutely love it. Love. It!
On to the borders next. Then I need to see about fleece for the backing. I can't wait to get this one finished. I love it so much. (I might have said that already! :oD)
Wow I am so impressed with how quick your cracking on with the quilt. The colours look fantastic together.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see it finished. It will certainly brighten up our dull days.
Ali xx
Thanks, Ali. I'm having a lovely time sewing all these bright colours - I think that's why it's going together so quickly! :o)
DeleteIts beautiful and so fast, would take me weeks to do this!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Poppy. I'm really enjoying making this quilt! :o)
DeleteGood heavens, you're making quick progress on this one! It's just as lovely in reality as it was on paper 😊
ReplyDeleteHappy quilting! Xx
Thanks, Gilly. It's been easy to put together mostly, I think, because I'd drawn it all out properly to start with - not just a quick sketch and a "I hope this works!". :o)
DeleteWow, you don't hang around when you get an idea in your head. I can see why though, I'd want that quilt NOW. It's looking fabulous.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jo. Everything else has been abandoned in favour of sewing this quilt. :oD
DeleteGorgeous Anne, so bright and breezy it must be making you think of summer picnics already. Can't believe what you get done in a day, you're amazing. Keep it going and take care.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Susan. I think my back is glad I had an appointment out of the house this afternoon otherwise I probably would have kept on going until I'd finished it - and, more than likely, given myself a very, very sore back in the process! :o)
DeleteWow Anne!! What speedy and pretty work! xx
ReplyDeleteThanks, Amy. :o)
Delete