What I can show is our banister. I saw this idea on Pinterest here and thought it was so much fun. So I dug out some wadding (batting) and pinned it around the banister then wrapped some tinsel around that and then added some toys.
I had a wee helper who was watching me intently as I added the toys.
I suspect that I'll need to keep an eye on her or she'll have those toys down from there. In fact, now that I look a bit more closely at the top reindeer, he looks decidedly closer to the edge of the banister than he was when I fixed him on. I wonder who did that? Tilly?? Was that you? Don't try to deny it!! :oD
We had a banister in our last house, and I wrapped it with tinsel and a string of lights - but then I didn't have an inquisitive little dog to have a nibble on things!
ReplyDeleteYes, we usually wrap ours in tinsel and lights too but, as soon as I saw that snowy banister on Pinterest, I knew I wanted mine to be just like it! Tilly didn't even sniff it today so maybe she's bored with it already ... or, more likely, lulling us into a false sense of security! LOL
DeleteWhat a great idea!! I am not doing anything with our bannister this year, but this would be a wonderful thing to try for future years - what chance I will remember! I love your selection of toys too! They look really great. xx
ReplyDeleteThanks, Amy. It was a fun thing to do and it really didn't take long. :o)
DeleteWhat a brilliant idea. Tilly is sure to want those toys though.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jo. Tilly didn't touch them when we had her here today. I suspect she's just pretending that she's not interested in the toys! :oD
DeleteThe bannister looks wonderful but I'm wondering if Tilly sees it as a challenge. I remember you saying she was partial to a bit of wadding.
ReplyDeleteAli xx
Funnily enough, she wasn't interested in the wadding - only the top reindeer. Mind you, that's not to say that she'll not be interested in the wadding tomorrow! LOL
Delete"These toys look delicious, Mom! Merry Christmas to me!" :) I think it's adorable and I hope it lasts all season.
ReplyDeleteLOL Thanks, Jennifer! I hope so too! :oD
DeleteTilly's thinking that you won't notice :-) My Coco does things like that and just nudges gently and makes out it 'just fell down'!! Have a wonderful week xx
ReplyDeleteAhhh, dogs. You have to love them, don't you? :oD
DeleteYou could be right, Les. :oD
ReplyDeleteShe was framed!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks beautiful by the way! :D
She's not as innocent as she looks - as you well know! :oD
DeleteHahaha -- that's super cute Anne!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Anna! :o)
Delete