Yesterday I decided to make some of the bags I cut out months ago. So, I piled them on the sewing table and selected a few to make. Did I say "a few"?? When I counted them, there were 12 of them altogether. Did I put 10 of them back? Of course I didn't! *sigh* Here they are in progress.
I hope to get all 12 of them finished tomorrow. It should be a wee bit easier to get them done as we don't look after Tilly on a Wednesday. What did she do this week that I laughed out loud at? She only dragged a beautifully rolled up piece of wadding (batting) off the shelf and started chewing it.
Luckily she let go of it quite quickly. It's now safely re-rolled and on top of the shelf unit. About 7 feet off the ground so she shouldn't be able to get it! Hopefully! :oD
Haha, she looks very cozy, doesn't she? At least it's not fiberglass insulation, like my (late, but not because of that) dog once chewed up! I look forward to seeing your bags.
ReplyDeleteYikes, no fibreglass in the wadding - just polyester. And I got it back from her before she managed to damage it - or herself!
DeletePerhaps you could borrow a puppy cage from someone - one of the big ones (or even a playpen) for when you are sewing? Our spaniel once got a hold of my pincushion and had to be rushed to the vet as I didn't know if she had swallowed any pins. They fed her cotton wool sandwiches just in case, but thankfully the xrays showed she hadn't. A very expensive way to be reminded to keep such things safe!!
ReplyDeleteGoodness me, Anne. That does sound bad - and expensive!
DeleteSo funny that you just can't help yourself with your sewing in multiples. But I have to say that I understand and it makes sense, if you are doing one and need many, just go for it! xx
ReplyDeleteI did manage to get them all finished today so making 12 at a time instead of 2 at a time doesn't sound such a daft idea now! LOL
DeleteYour a one woman production line :) Oh Tilly is keeping you on your toes. I thought you were going to say she was using the wadding for bedding.
ReplyDeleteAli xx
LOL I'm sure she would have - after she'd chewed it all up!
DeleteIt sounds quite a challenge doing a dozen at a time. I think Tilly's trying to tell you that she'd like you to make her a quilt.
ReplyDeleteLOL Yes, or she just wants to play with me rather than let me sew! :oD
DeleteAw, bless lovely Tilly - it's hard to be cross when she's so sweet, isn't it? :-) Eeek, that's quite a bundle of bags - well done & hope you get them finished sans incident today.
ReplyDeleteHugs xx
I can't be cross with her - she just makes me laugh all the time. And, after all, it's my own fault for having the wadding at a level that she could reach. Not any more! :oD
DeleteNaughty little Tillie -- but tooo cute to be mad about haha. That's a lot of bags there -- you're amazing!
ReplyDeleteI know! It's very hard to be annoyed with her when she's so funny!
Delete