Anyway, I got on with it and, by yesterday evening, it was ready for me to hand-sew the binding to the back. I thought it looked really good all folded and waiting to be sewn so I took a photo of it that way. As you do. Or at least you do when you're a blogger! LOL
I asked Joanna to help me take photos of it in all its glory this morning so here it is.
She insisted I took another photo as she hadn't been smiling in the first one. You can see her smiling in this one, can't you??
And here's the perfect fleece which I admit I bought for the back. I didn't want to have to buy a new piece of fleece but none of the fleece blankets I had were big enough. When I saw this spotty fleece, I knew I just had to buy it. It's just so perfect for this quilt!
I love everything about this quilt - the spotty fabrics in the big squares, the navy and white making it all pop, the orange spotty I used for the binding and the spotty fleece on the back. I had thought about doing fancy round quilting - circles or a spiral - but I actually think the diagonal lines set the whole thing off perfectly. I LOVE it! :o)
What a fun quilt Anne... I LOVE IT, too :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jeanna! :o)
DeleteFabulous, that spotty fleece is perfect for it. What a lovely smile Joanna has.
ReplyDeleteLOL Thanks, Jo. :oD
DeleteLove. Love. Love it! :D
ReplyDeleteMe too! :o)
DeleteA lovely finish - well done, it looks fab-u-lous!
ReplyDeletexx
Thanks, Gilly! :o)
DeleteYour quilt looks gorgeous and the fleece is perfect for the backing. You can tell Joanna looks really happy showing it off :)
ReplyDeleteAli xx
Thanks, Ali. :o)
DeleteThe fleece is perfect!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Anne. :o)
DeleteI love your fleece backing and think maybe you could call that quilt - Squared Spotty. (giggle). I think you do such lovely work and am amzed at your output. Take care.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Susan. :o)
DeleteI love it, gorgeous colours and a lot of fun. I was wondering, is it just the two layers? I think that would make it lovely and warm but also quite light and easy to use on, say, a spare sofa bed (I'm hatching a plan to become a quilter).
ReplyDeleteIt is just the two layers and it does make a very light but very cosy quilt. Ideal for on the couch or a spare bed or even as a picnic blanket!
Deletethank you for that. Hope you have a lovely day.
DeleteI love the spotty fleece idea. Such a lovely blanket xx
ReplyDeleteThanks, Chel! :o)
Delete