Thursday, 23 December 2010

tablet, fudge, skirt, Jo & Ro

Strange title maybe, but the photos will explain it so that, hopefully, by the time you get to the end, it will all make perfect sense.

First the tablet and the fudge which I made yesterday. They taste very yummy - and I might need to make some more very soon! Ooops! :oD





Next the skirt that I made to wear on Christmas Day. It fits! I am soooooo pleased about that!



The pattern is one I made years ago - 10 to 15 years ago, to be precise. Well, of course, the pattern as it was cut all those years ago, wouldn't even look at me now. I really wanted to make that pattern but it's no longer made and I am no use at taking a pattern and making it bigger. What to do?

I decided to google the pattern number and see what I could find. I did that and the second site I looked at - Out of the Ashes Collectibles - had the pattern uncut and prepared to post outside the US. I decided to order it and hope for the best.

I ordered it on Saturday (the 4th) and, on the Monday, I got a very nice e-mail from Sheila saying she had sent the pattern and would I let her know when it arrived. Her e-mail convinced me more than anything that I had made a good choice!

The pattern arrived safe and well on the following Wednesday - the 15th. Great service, Sheila. Once the festive season has past, I intend taking a closer look at the other patterns on the site - don't tell Douglas! :oD

Okay, back to the photos. This is Jo as she arrived here yesterday. I just stuck the camera out of the back door and snapped the photo. It's a fab photo of her - no matter what she thinks of it!



And this is Rosie sitting on her favourite chair in the (messy) dining room.She just had a haircut last week which explains why she looks so tiny.



If I don't get back on here tomorrow, have a fabulous Christmas. I hope Santa is good to you! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Beanie is wearing my coat! :o) But it is a lovely photo! And those HUGE pieces of tablet, mine are teeny in comparison!

    Great pics! Yum!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)