I tried the blouse on when it was just the body part and it fit me beautifully. It wasn't too tight or too loose, was a great length - aka it covered my bum! - and I had high hopes that it would continue to go well.
I fitted the sleeves in this morning and, lo and behold, I literally could not move my arms. I'm not kidding - my arms were stuck to my sides as if they'd been glued there. All attempts at lifting them failed miserably! Fizzin' wizzin'! Och well, another one for the "I should have known better" pile.
But then my day improved to the nth degree after the postie brought me this. (There are a lot of photos. Sorry, I was - am - excited about it! :oD)
In case anyone doesn't sew, it's a Go! cutter which cuts fabric using dies.
It came with this set of dies -
and I ordered the tumbler die as well -
Of course, I had to go and play with it immediately. First I tried the wee squares -
And then the triangles (in the background) and, finally, with the tumblers:
And then I had a brainwave to make a Christmas table runner using the tumblers so I had to cut out 36 tumblers in Christmassy fabrics. (I realised later that the cream one with the trees (on the left) was cut sideyways by mistake. I cut another one the right way up later when I showed Joanna how my new toy worked.)
Then, after tea, I sewed them together. Sorry about the bad photo - it was dark.
Now they're all laid out ready to be sewn together tomorrow.
So, my sewing day ended on a much better note than it started. Go! me! :oD