Thursday, 19 August 2010

finished - Debbie's new dress

I finished Debbie's new dress today. I only had the zip to put it so it should have been a quick job but I managed to sew over the wee metal bit at the top of the zip bending the sewing machine needle and activating the safety stop on the machine. Wooops!

I just put in a new needle, re-threaded and paid more attention to where I was sewing. Job done.



I have another dress to make for Debbie but I'm going to move the sewing room around a bit first. Douglas had an old desk that I fancied so he put that in for me today. I've now got to move things around so I can make better use of the space. I'll take some photos when it's done.

5 comments:

  1. I saw this site the other day on Yahoo. So I am passing this on to everyone that I know who likes to sew: http://newdressaday.wordpress.com/

    BTW Debbies new dress looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lynn. Interesting site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty new dress. I love the color Anne -- i'm sure Debbie will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Can I have one, please?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)