Tuesday, 16 March 2010

melting moments and mars bars cakes

Thanks to everyone who commented on the Mother's Day spread post. I was along at mum's this morning and she said she didn't have any tea* on Sunday evening - she just had another melting moment from her doggy bag!

She really had a great time and can't wait until the next time we do it! :o)

*"tea" is what we, in Scotland, call our evening meal.

So, for Anna and anyone else who'd like them, here are the recipes for melting moments and mars bars cakes. They are both easy recipes and oh so more-ish.

MELTING MOMENTS



4oz butter
3oz sugar
5oz plain flour
½tsp baking powder
1 egg
krispies
glacé cherries

170ºC (fan oven)

Cream butter & sugar. Add flour, baking powder and egg. Roll into balls and dip into krispies. Top with half a cherry. Bake for 15 - 20 mins.

MARS BARS CAKES



4 Mars bars - chopped up small
4 oz margarine
4 cups Rice Krispies

Melt the marg and Mars bars slowly in a saucepan mixing it together well. Put the krispies into a big bowl and pour the Mars mixture over.
Stir well coating all the krispies. Put into a greased baking tray (12” x 9”) and leave to set. Cut into bars.
These can also be made in cupcake cases or muffin cases.

Now, if my memory serves me correctly, what we call Mars Bars over here are called Milky Ways in the US. This is what it looks like inside -

4 comments:

  1. I like to use crushed Cornflakes on my melting moments!

    Also, in Canada a Mars Bar is a Mars Bar but it's Peanut Free so I can eat it! Woohoo!

    :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. **drools** mmmmmm... those Mars Bars Cake are like Evil Rice Krispie treats. yum yum yum. Marshmallows are for the weak! LOL.

    We DO have Mars Bars here but they have almonds in them so yeah...that looks like a Milky Way to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I LOVE cookies with rice krispies in them and these both look WONDERFUL!!! I'll let you know when I try them -- I do have to spread my calories out a bit from the Pi Day though LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in Holland you can buy Mars and Milky Way bars. Mars is with toffee in it and much more chewier than Milky way . Milky Way is much softer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)