Isla's (the blue denim) needed the straps shortened by about 4" - which to me seems very odd because, according to her health visitor, she's in the top 98 percentile for height! Emily tried her pink pinafore on and, no kidding, within 20 minutes of her putting it on, one of the dungaree clips fell to bits. I was sooo annoyed - with the dungaree clips, not with Emily!
I took both pinafores home, shortened Isla's straps and made buttonholes and attached buttons to Emily's. I contacted Amazon about the (useless) dungaree clips and, thankfully, got a full refund along with a label to attach to the parcel to send them back. No postage to pay so yay!
I then made each of the girls a top with some spotty fabric I had had left from a top I made myself earlier in the year. It's amazing how you can jiggle things around to make two wee tops out of practically no fabric!
This is the one for Emily - front:
And this is Isla's one - front:
I debated with myself about putting that bottom button on and decided I would but it really doesn't need it so, next time I make the top, I'll leave that bottom button off.
I then made them both an overdress - again with bits of fabric that had been left after me making something for myself! Talk about being frugal!
This is Emily's:
And this is Isla's:
I made another couple of project bags for the tartan bee. I am really pleased with both of them!
This is what I'm working on right now. It's a 9-patch-and-hearts quilt. This is only a small sample of the blocks - there are 121 of them altogether so it'll take me a wee while to sew them together but it's looking good so far! Even if I do say so myself! LOL
Now let me show you a couple of photos of my wee girlies. Isla is a cuddler and, oh my goodness, I love it. You might notice she's got her new top on!
In this one, Emily has an ipad in front of her and we're all watching something funny on it.