This is a not-so-good photo of it but you'll get the idea.
This is an arty-type photo of the blankie all rolled up.
Emily loves the blankie so that's all that matters to me!
I've been busy making a heart quilt over the last two weeks. It all started off so well. I used a heart which I had designed in Photoshop.
I was even fairly pleased with it when I had sewn the rows together and put it on our bed to see how it looked.
But then I decided I didn't really like the deep pink around the heart or the pink I'd used as the background or the pink background for the embroidered "family heart" in the centre. So I unpicked all of those. Took me ages!
I then replaced the deep pink with the pink I'd used for the background in the original and changed the background to white. I also re-did the "family heart" embroidery on a white background. Much better.
Then I started to add the outside borders - alternating coloured/white squares. I only got the side borders put on ...
... before I decided I didn't like it! More unpicking was done.
I then decided to replace the alternating colour/white squares border and what would have been the outside white border with one wider pink border instead. Much better.
This was the quilt as it was on Saturday - all pinned and ready for quilting.
I have now done all the quilting and am about to attach the binding so, hopefully, it will get finished soon. This quilt has seemed to take ages but that's what happens when you change your mind about practically every part of it! *eyeroll*