Monday, 7 August 2017

a few finishes

I finished the quilt I was making. I love it!

The back is a plain navy sheet. You can just see the quilting which I did in a yellow variegated thread.

I made a couple of embroideries for Joanna.

I made a couple of wee toys for Miss Emily on the embroidery machine. They're both made using the "in the hoop" method which means that everything is done in the embroidery hoop other than the stuffing and the sewing up of the last seam. This is Bailey Bear:

This is Olly Owl:

Bailey Bear is from here - and Olly Owl is from here. GGDesigns have no idea who I am - I'm just passing on the info in case someone else wants to make them.

When we visited last week, Miss Emily was given her first taste of mashed banana.

She wasn't too sure at first but soon got the hang of it. "Did you see me Grammie? I ate some banana!"

She's also nearly got the hang of sitting up on her own. Nearly but not quite there yet. I'm sure it won't be long!

On a final note - Happy Birthday, Debbie! 37 today! How can my first born be that old??

14 comments:

  1. Oh, love the photos of Miss Emily & her banana chomping. Is she really growing up that quickly, as I can't believe she's sitting up already. As you say, where does the time go and your eldest being 37, whereas our eldest will be 45 in December & our baby 40 in January, so that will be 2 at 45, one 41 & youngest 40 & a granddaughter turning 21 in November. What? Makes us feel we are getting on, not old, but maybe getting wiser. (giggle) Love the scrappy quilt & that ever so cute "owl". J had an owl called Ollie when he was growing up. Happy birthday to your daughter, take care & have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I don't think of it as us getting old - rather, our daughters are catching us up! LOL

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Debbie! Lovely work as always Anne! Your quilt is really lovely, I like the way that the stripes break it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Debbie, hope you had a lovely day. I can't believe that Emily is starting on solids already, where is the time going. She looks to have enjoyed that banana though, clever girl. Love the makes, especially those cute little toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It's hard to believe that Emily's 5 months old this week. How can that be? Time surely does fly!

      Delete
  4. Welcome to the club.
    My first born was 37 in January and it made me feel very old for a while...lol.

    Loving Miss Emily's look of surprise at her first taste of banana-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila. Good to know I'm not the only one! LOL

      Delete
  5. I feel your pain - Stuart will be 39 next month!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my. That's nearly 40! Tell him to stop growing older! LOL

      Delete
  6. Awww, little Emily is just adorable. I love the caption you put on the banana picture LOL. Adorable embroideries -- I love the little book embroideries. And lovely quilt -- as always Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything you've made - gorgeous! And to be honest, I'm not sure much of the banana ended up in Emily's mouth! On the face, the bib and my dress - but not so much anywhere else!
    And happy birthday, sissy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it wasn't Emily who put the banana on your dress. It was your big sissy! 😄

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)