Here's the inside:
Then I decided I "needed" to make a couple of pincushions to match. Using hedgehog fabric for pincushions - and a needlecase - just seems quite appropriate, don't you think?
Next I used my ex-Maths teacher skills to make a cube. Funny how the template for making a cube came flooding back to me without too much thought. Some things are wedged in my brain forever, it seems!
I used 6 of the gazillions of 4½" squares I cut out recently.
I quilted each side first then joined them and lightly stuffed the cube.
Emily's quite fond of it! It's not as big as it looks - it finished at just under 4" per side.
It's been quite a while since I played with my embroidery machine so I decided it was about time to remedy that. As always, my fingers are there to show the scale.
I really enjoyed playing with the embroidery machine again. I need to do it more often!
The turtle, pig, zebra and tiger all came from emblibrary.com and the stag's head came from planetapplique.com. Neither of those are affiliate links - I just put them there in case anyone's interested!
Now, this is the best bit of this post. Emily and I were playing at the weekend and the belly laughs that came from her - and from me!! - were hilarious. Joanna caught us on her phone. So. Much. Fun!