Tuesday, 4 April 2017

an Emily from Emily for Emily

Joanna brought a gift bag with her when she came along yesterday.

It was from her friend Emily for our wee Emily.

But what's inside the bag?

Or rather - who's inside the bag?

The most beautifully knitted dolly.

And her name is ... Emily!

Isn't she gorgeous? Look at the flowers on her hat!

Her ringlets.

Her long frilly bloomers and her pretty pink shoes.

She even has a pretty flower on the back of her dress.

What a fabulous gift. It was knitted by (Joanna's friend) Emily's mum especially for our wee Emily and her name is Emily. Isn't that just so amazing? What's even more amazing is that neither Emily or her mum have met Debbie or Jason or our wee Emily - or me or Douglas, come to that! Isn't that wonderful? We think so!

18 comments:

  1. Oh she is beautiful.
    Such lovely colours-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie wants me to make our wee Emily an outfit just like dolly Emily's! Yikes! :o)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful gift for Emily. One very talented knitter. I love the way the name has fitted in around all concerned. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. So many Emilys! LOL

      Delete
  3. That is so lovely. I wonder what you call a group of Emilys...maybe a beauty of Emilys. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, good one, Jennifer. A beauty of Emilys. I like it! :o)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Isn't it? And from someone we don't even know. Amazing! :o)

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful gift and so thoughtful making Emily from Emily for Emily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful - and a bit of a tongue twister too! LOL

      Delete
  6. All of the Emily's are beautiful and wonderful and what could be better than that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It just shows you that there are some wonderful people in this world. It makes me happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are indeed. I hope you told your Emily to tell her mum that dolly Emily is beeeyoooootiful! :o)

      Delete
  8. Emily is really pretty, just like your Emily. I think they will be best friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they will too, Kim! :o)

      Delete
  9. Wow Anne -- what a beautiful little doll and special gift! I love the pretty colors -- she's exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. Isn't she adorable? :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)