Tuesday, 28 February 2017

oddments blankie

Baby girl is still keeping us waiting. We were all hoping that she would come today so we could call her "Pancake". 😁 Joanna (Auntie-in-waiting) and I were laughing this evening when I said that it looks like our baby girl was going to be a March baby. Joanna's reply was "at the rate she's going, she's going to be a pumpkin!". 🎃 LOL

Last time we went to see Debbie (mum-in-waiting), I forgot to take my crocheting with me so she handed me a basket full of granny squares and said "here you go". I spent the afternoon crocheting them together with my usual slip stitch in the gap then 3 chain to the next gap. It makes joining squares together much more enjoyable when you get them done fairly quickly.

I then brought the joined squares home with me, joined in all the ends - somebody needs to invent a way of doing that quickly! - and then did a 3 row border of granny trebles around the outside. I think it turned out really well considering there was little to no planning of what square went where.

Here's a photo with my slippers showing to show the size of the blankie - not big but fun, bright and will probably be well-loved by baby girl.

10 comments:

  1. A March baby! She'll be in like a lamb, I am sure. I can't wait to hear the news. Best wishes to Joanna. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She knows it's cold out here and she's wanting to stay warm a bit longer...lol.
    Cute little blanket-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been snowing a time or two where they live so you could well be right, Sheila! :o)

      Delete
  3. Love scrap granny square rugs. They remind me of my great grandmother who taught me to crochet them. I don't know what it's like waiting for a baby, as mine were all a wee bit early, nearly on time. Keeping my eye on your blog to see the news. Take care all & huggles from Oz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I was late with both girls but only one day for Debbie and 4 for Joanna. We're nearly at a week now so hopefully she'll arrive very soon. :o)

      Delete
  4. The blanket's lovely and your method of joining makes total sense, it can take as long again to join the squares as it does to crochet them in the first place. Hope you have some news to share soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The finishing off - joining and sewing in the ends - of a blankie is by far my least favourite part so, the quicker the method of joining is, the better as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully baby girl will arrive very soon.

      Delete
  5. If she had arrived yesterday, you could have called her Suzette (https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1135638/crpes-suzette)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Now we didn't think of that - probably because we were all so busy laughing at the idea of calling her "Pancake"! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)