I didn't buy new cushions - I just re-covered the ones we already had. The best thing about that was I didn't need to work out what sizes I needed - I just measured the covers that were already on the cushions and duplicated those sizes.
I used embroideries and appliqués on the fronts and used red or green polycotton on the backs. The stag's head is an appliqué I did on my "normal" sewing machine. I'd prefer it to be a bit bigger so I might unpick that one and do it again. Or I might just leave it alone!
I love them all but I have to make a special mention of the tree in the following one. This one is especially for Douglas. It's called "moustachemas tree". Yes, Douglas has a moustache - has had it since I met him all those years ago. The moustachemas tree makes me smile every time I see it!
I have another cushion cover up in the sewing room waiting for its back to be sewn on. Hopefully I'll get that done tomorrow. :o)