Monday, 5 December 2016

Christmas cushion covers

Here are some of the other things I've been making recently. Christmas cushion covers!

I didn't buy new cushions - I just re-covered the ones we already had. The best thing about that was I didn't need to work out what sizes I needed - I just measured the covers that were already on the cushions and duplicated those sizes.

I used embroideries and appliqués on the fronts and used red or green polycotton on the backs. The stag's head is an appliqué I did on my "normal" sewing machine. I'd prefer it to be a bit bigger so I might unpick that one and do it again. Or I might just leave it alone!

I love them all but I have to make a special mention of the tree in the following one. This one is especially for Douglas. It's called "moustachemas tree". Yes, Douglas has a moustache - has had it since I met him all those years ago. The moustachemas tree makes me smile every time I see it!

I have another cushion cover up in the sewing room waiting for its back to be sewn on. Hopefully I'll get that done tomorrow. :o)

14 comments:

  1. I love all of them, Anne. The gingerbread boy and girl remind me so much of your digital siggies. I feel like we have a really weird connection because of that! Haha. I love the mustache-mas tree too. My husband has always had a beard and mustache since I've known him. My mother and sisters always want to know how I can stand to kiss him and I say I don't know...it's always just been there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. Every time I think of us "meeting up again", it's really strange. I mean, of all the bloggers in all the world, how on earth did we re-connect? Weird is right! But also fun. :o)

      I'm the same with Douglas - he's had his moustache for longer than I've known him so, like you and Bear, I don't know how it feels to kiss him without it! :oD

      Delete
  2. They're fabulous, all of them. I love the moustachemas tree, that's very clever, and the gingerbread people are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I'm so glad that there are people making the designs who seem to know what I like! :o)

      Delete
  3. I love them all but that Santa is just gorgeous-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Sheila - all gorgeous, especially Santa!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all you cushions, I really can't decide if I will use an embroidery machine, I would love one, but not sure if I would use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marlene. I had thought of buying an embroidery machine for a long, long time - over 20 years - before I got one. The hardest thing for me is allowing myself to make things just for the sake of making them. After a lifetime of feeling like I need to justify making things, that's really quite hard - but also very liberating! Things *don't* need to have a purpose or be useful. They can be enjoyed just for the making alone! :o)

      Delete
  6. So cute! You are all set for a comfy Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow -- you've been busy Anne! They all look so festive and fun. I love the little gingerbread people, but my very favorite is the Santa pillow!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)