Wednesday, 2 November 2016

bootees and stockings

Last time I was here, I mentioned I'd been doing some knitting. Here are a couple of the things I've been making. Bootees!

I made these exact same bootees for Debbie and Joanna when they were babies. I'm so glad I kept this pattern. I only wish I'd kept all the others too. Have you seen the price of knitting patterns these days? Yikes!

Having said that, Pinterest is a great place to find free patterns and that's where I found this one. Aren't these just adorable?

If you feel the need to knit these, here's the pin. Just click on the photograph to be taken to the pattern.


Source: via Anne on Pinterest

I have a couple of baby cardigans on the go but they're not quite finished yet so I'll keep the reveal of those for later. I ran out of yarn for one of them (even though I bought what the pattern said I needed!!) so I just went ahead and started another one whilst waiting for the shop to get me more. I love the speed of knitting baby things - you just cast on and, before you know it, you're casting off. Fabulous! :o)

A few weeks ago, I sold some Christmas stockings from my Etsy shop - yay! - so I had to replace them with some new ones. First a couple of patchwork ones -

- and some of the self-fabric/cuffed versions -

After making those, I still had 5 sets of backs and linings cut out and ready to be used so I decided that I'd make some more patchwork stockings. Yesterday I got 3 of the patchwork fronts made -

- with 2 more ready to be sewn together -

Today I got the other 2 patchwork fronts made -

- and now all 5 are ready for quilting. Hopefully I'll make a start to that tomorrow.

Question: Is it too early to be listening to Christmas music whilst sewing Christmas stockings? It is? Woops! :oD

10 comments:

  1. Awww, those little shoes are too cute. It's nice that you know the baby's going to be a girl, it takes the guesswork out of what to make. Have you looked on Ravelry, it's such a great site for free patterns. Good news on your shop sales, the stockings are fabulous so I'm not surprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Yes, I have looked on Ravelry and have various patterns downloaded from there, ready to be knitted. :o)

      Delete
  2. The booties are lovely! Aww, how exciting to have a baby to make things for. I'm excited for you. I love your stockings too, they're all very nice. I am not surprised to hear that your shop is doing well, your work is terrific. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. It's lovely to be making wee things. I suspect this baby is going to be very well dressed! :o)

      Delete
  3. Well, it's not too early -- I think it might be mandatory to listen to Christmas music if Christmas sewing. All of your booties are just adorable and that little Mary Jane pattern is one of my very favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. The wee shoes hardly took any time to knit. I can see this baby having lots and lots of pairs of them! :oD

      Delete
  4. There is just something so appealing about booties. Yes, patterns have become very expensive - I was shocked when I bought some earlier in the year. I would NEVER listen to Christmas music, unless forced to .......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The patterns I looked at were £3.50 each and the yarn specified was £4.99. Good grief!! It didn't feel so bad listening to the Christmas music today as it's not October any more! LOL

      Delete
  5. Lovely little booties! Christmas?... well, Guy Fawkes night is now done and dusted and the smoke has now left us... so, yes... you can sing to your heart's content :D Take care. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chel. Yes, we do seem to be on the slippery slope to Christmas now. :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)