Monday, 14 November 2016

all sorts of sewing going on

The 5 patchwork stockings I was working on all got finished and loaded into the tartan bee shop.

Then I had to make 3 new bow tie brooches for the new ladies who joined the choir I sing in. I'm pretty sure they won't be taking part in our concert with us - 5 weeks to learn all 14 songs we'll be singing is a bit much really - but I thought it would be better to be prepared so I just went ahead and made the brooches for them.

I bought and planted 12 hyacinth bulbs - 4 bowls each with 3 bulbs in them. They'll be fabulous when they come out - and probably a bit overpowering scent-wise!

The biggest thing I've been doing lately is embroidering reindeer. I got the set here.

I was really pleased that there were the correct number of reindeer! "You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen ..." etc. I'm thinking of embroidering their names under each one so I'll have to choose which one is Rudolf so I can put a red sequin or a red button on his nose!

Oh and you might have noticed that, at one point, a plaster appeared on one of my fingers. I didn't sew through my finger but it did come into contact with the jaggy end of the machine needle! Ouchy!

16 comments:

  1. Wow...you have been so busy.
    The reindeer are amazing...I love all of them-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stockings are lovely, I'm sure they'll be snapped up. I love hyacinths but I usually buy them just before they're about to flower, I've never grown them from bulbs. I love the reindeer, so wonderful how all the antlers are decorated in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I grew some hyacinths last year that I bought in Lidl but only 2 of the 3 flowered - and not at the same time. Other than that, I haven't grown them like this since I was in the Brownies - and that wasn't last year! :oD

      Delete
  3. Ouch - I am feeling your pain!! Love the reindeer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. My finger was quite sore and it wouldn't stop bleeding but it didn't take long to heal, thankfully!

      Delete
  4. The stockings are so cute ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness me, you have been busy. LOVE, the reindeer & your stockings are great scrap busters. Hope the ladies like their bowties & wear them with pride. Enjoy watching the hyacinths grow. Must get some myself for next winter. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. Each of the reindeer took about an hour to do - it's just as well I can do other things when the embroidery machine is on! :o)

      Delete
  6. those reindeer's are so cute! wonderfully done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stockings are beautiful Anne! And the reindeer are really cute too -- what are you going to do with them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. I'm in the process of making the reindeer into bunting! Hopefully I'll finish it soon! :o)

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness! How cute are all those reindeer? Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)