Monday, 3 October 2016

stars and trousers

I've now made a total of 25 stars and I think that might be enough for the quilt I'm going to make. The star blocks will each finish at 8" square so that's 40" x 40" if I do them in a 5 x 5 layout. I'm thinking of adding 1½" sashings (finished size) in between so that will make it a wee bitty bigger - about 49" square - big enough for what I want it for. Or rather "who" I want it for!

Here are the last of the stars:

I actually did some dressmaking! Yay! I made myself a pair of trousers in nice olive green colour. This is me taking a photo of myself in the mirror at the bottom of the stairs - the mirror isn't squint! It's the person who took the photo that's a bit off-line! :oD

The waist is elasticated - VERY comfy - and there are pockets. What more does a girl need in trousers??

Because the green ones were so successful, I made a navy pair. Very wearable!

I have plans for a few more pairs of these trousers - the pattern is Jalie 3243 - after all, autumn is definitely here now and that means it's trouser weather again. It was nice to do some dressmaking again. It feels like such a long time since I did any!

8 comments:

  1. Your star blocks are so perfect, nice job with all those corners! Cute pants too, you can never have too many pockets in my experience. I end up carrying everybody else's junk around all day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I love pockets in trousers - and skirts and dresses and bags ... the list goes on! LOL

      Delete
  2. Is this your dressmaking mojo returning? I think it is. The trousers look great. It didn't take long to get all those stars done, looking forward to seeing them made up now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I'm not sure if my dressmaking mojo has returned in full but at least it's showing its face! It's been gone a long time!

      Delete
  3. Love the olive green trousers. It's always good to break out some colours that you don't normally wear. And you look smashing in them! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I'd wear the olive green trousers to go out anywhere but I did - and I loved them! Yay! :o)

      Delete
  4. Very sweet blocks Anne -- I can't wait to see your new little quilt. And your trousers look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)