Wednesday, 12 October 2016

more appliqués and embroideries

Not much sewing of any kind going on around these parts but I have been doing some embroidering and appliquéing (is that even a word??) on my new machine so I'll show those off. As usual, my fingers are there to give some scale.

I really thought this one would look good on the navy starry background ... but it really doesn't.

I had a go at what's called "in the hoop" embroideries. I really enjoyed making these keyrings and can see myself making more of these.

Other than all those, I've been doing a little knitting - I'll take photos soon - and have started sewing the sashings on to the star blocks so I hope to get that all sewn up and ready for quilting soon.

Oh, I forgot, I finally changed my blog header. I knew it had been there a while but didn't realise I'd made the old one in March 2013. No wonder it was dusty! :oD

15 comments:

  1. What a great new header. The teddy embroidery looks really textured, a great effect, and I love those owl keyrings, they're fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I was a wee bit sad to take Rosie off the header but it's been over 3 years since we lost her so it was time. I used felt for the teddy bear's blanket appliqué - I don't know if it's washable but I suppose there's only one way to find out!

      Delete
  2. What beautiful work.
    I really love your Christmas embroideries-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like your new header ...... and I adore the owls!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic new goodies, I can see lots of possibilities with the new machine, and I too especially love the owls. They will be a fab seller in your etsy shop. The header is great, off to investigate some of the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all adorable Anne! I especially like that edging on the stocking in the second photo. I recently got a new machine and I haven't played with the embroidery part yet -- I need to find something exciting to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. The stocking is from embroidery-boutique.com - it's called "swirly stocking".

      Delete
  6. Very nice embroideries! I especially love that fox, how sweet. The keyrings came out really nicely. I bet you'll sell a lot of them as Christmas stocking stuffers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I'd better get on and make some more keyrings if I want to catch the Christmas market! :o)

      Delete
  7. Absolutely lovely embroidery. I have two Janome computer sewing/embroidery machines. What make is yours? It does a beautiful job of the appliques. Where do you get your designs from? Thanks! Cynthia Fedak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My embroidery machine is a Brother Innovis 750E. I get most of the designs from emblibrary.com. Other sites I use are planet appliqué and Embroidery Boutique. There are a few others but those are the main ones I use. :o)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the information, Anne! I am from northern Canada, way up north! This is mining country, rocks, lovely blue lakes, the Precambrian Shield. Where do you get all of your energy from? My goodness I could never keep up to you! I love seeing all of the clothing you sew for yourself. Cynthia Fedak

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)