Wednesday, 17 August 2016

lost my mojo!

I seem to have lost my sewing mojo. I wonder where it went? Is it on its summer holidays? It's certainly not here with me. I keep looking for it but can't find it anywhere. I hope it comes back soon - I'm beginning to feel a wee bit antsy without it!

The only thing my sewing machine has done recently was to hem a pair of curtains. I hadn't intended getting green ones but they were on sale in Ikea and who am I to turn down a bargain?

I keep looking at them and thinking "they go with the grass"! Ridiculous to think your curtains go with the grass? Let me tell you, that's about the sanest thought I've had for a while! LOL

Whilst my sewing machine is waiting for the mojo to return, I've been doing a wee bit more playing on my embroidery machine. There's no project in mind for any of these - and you don't know how hard that is for me. I can actually hear voices in my head (told you I was losing it, didn't I?) asking me "what are you going to do with these? what's the point in making them if you don't know what you're going to do with them?". I've told those voices to shut up and mind their own business a time or two!

Anyway, here are the no-project-in-mind-at-the-moment appliqués. My fingers are in the photos to give the scale.

Here's where the no-project-in-mind-at-the-moment appliqués hang for now. I quite like seeing them there. At least the embroidery mojo hasn't gone on its summer holidays! What would I do if it did? Housework??? Aaaaaargh!

The only other thing I've made recently was a batch of Meg's biscuits. Sadly they're all finished now so I suppose I could bake something else but - and who would ever think I'd say something like this? - it's too hot here to bake!!! Incredible, don't you think? Scotland? Too hot to bake? I never thought I'd say such a thing! *gasp*

The recipe for these is here.

If anyone sees my mojo, please send it home. I miss it so much!

17 comments:

  1. No sewing? Shock, horror, I never thought I'd read one of your posts where sewing didn't feature, but you have been embroidering so it isn't as if you haven't done anything. I love the appliques, the pussy cat is my favourite, and I think it's quite refreshing sometimes to just enjoy what you're doing without having a project in mind. I'm sure you'll be thinking up lots of projects as soon as your mojo returns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I'm beginning to feel withdrawal symptoms so I hope my mojo comes back soon!

      Delete
  2. I know how you feel - mine seems to have got up and went as well. I haven't sewn anything in over a week, not even a hexagon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel better that I'm not the only one, Fran! Hopefully we both find our mojos soon!

      Delete
  3. Your mojo is probably lying on a beach somewhere, while handsome young men bring her delicious cocktails filled with exotic fruit, topped with little paper umbrellas (or maybe that is just my fantasy!!) Of course you don't have to have a plan when you make things, so tells those voices in your head to haud their wheesht!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If she is on that beach, I wish she'd taken me with her! Sounds lovely! LOL

      Yes, haud yer wheesht is exactly what I was saying - or maybe just slightly ruder! :oD

      Delete
  4. Maybe that is what you need Anne, a good holiday! Let me tell you a secret. We all lose our mojo's at times for reasons sometimes unbeknownst to us. Let it be for now & maybe look out some knit/crochet patterns for autumn, do some sightseeing, take a few countryside walks, smell the roses, but don't punish yourself about it. Ooh, love the little appliques too. Take care & sending lots of huggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I'm hoping my mojo comes back soon!

      Delete
  5. I feel your pain Anne! I think it's the time of year. Maybe the heat too LOL. I know you'll find something wonderful for all those cute blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. I think our heat might have broken - it was a lot cooler today - and more normal for Scotland!

      Delete
  6. I have that voice, too, sadly. :(
    Yes, perhaps your mojo is having a mojito on the Copacabana in Rio! It'll come back when the 'lympics ends, I assume! Until the, just enjoy the break. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst bit is, it's not *my* voice. Grrrrr!

      Ha! I didn't think of my mojo being down in Rio! That does make sense! :oD

      Delete
  7. My mojo is just starting to creep back after a long absence. It's horrible when it goes AWOL isn't it?
    I will be dusting off the sewing machine today and trying to get back into the swing of things by finishing some UFO's before I start anything new-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mojo still isn't back although I am sewing a few wee things which is an improvement, I suppose. I usually sew so much that it's a strange feeling for me.

      Delete
  8. Hi, hope your mojo comes back soon. Perhaps she's run off to Paris with that gorgeous Jamie Fraser, Lucky thing!
    Talking of dear Jamie, have you seen any of series 2 yet? Managed to watch the first 4 on Prime, but then subscription ran out, so am now waiting for the DVD. Beautiful Costumes and locations. Have now added Prague to my places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched any of the second series of Outlander but my daughter has and loved it. Or maybe it's just Jamie she loves! :oD

      Delete
  9. Wouldn't blame her! I'm married to a lovely Scot from Ayrshire. I keep telling him that I'd trade him for Jamie anyday, it keeps him on his toes!
    Love the machine embroidery/applique by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)