Wednesday, 20 July 2016

ten things

1. Today the weather … started with HUGE thunder storms with lots of lightning and VERY loud thunder. Then, in the afternoon, it dried up and Douglas got the grass cut!

2. I am wearing … at the moment, I'm in what I call my comfy trousers and a polo shirt. During the day I actually wore a dress and I loved it. I need to wear dresses more often - they're very comfy in the sticky heat!

3. I am listening to … Aled Jones' CD "One Voice".

It's Aled (the adult) singing with recordings of himself when he was a boy. I bought it last week and have been playing it repeatedly ever since.

4. In the kitchen … I've been making Mars Bar cakes. So easy and so good. The recipe is here. (Scroll down)

5. I am feeling … too warm. It's almost worse than feeling cold. At least, when you feel cold, you can add more clothes or blankies or quilts. When you're warm, you can only take off so many things before you embarrass yourself - and all those around you too! :oD

6. I am going … to the supermarket in the morning. Not my favourite place to go but I'm thinking of looking at the duvet covers to see if I can pick up any bargains.

7. In the sewing room … I'm planning to make some bags like the one I made myself -

- to sell in the tartan bee. I've got the denim and plenty of lining fabrics - just waiting for some cover buttons to come in the post and I should be ready to sew.

8. In the garden … our raspberries are ripening beautifully. We had some with ice cream tonight - oh so good!

9. I am reading … a book on my Kindle called "Pariah" by Catherine Gayle. It's the second book of a series of three. I enjoyed the first one ("Wallflower") so am hoping that this one is good too.

10. A quote to live by … Don't criticise others until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away … and you have their shoes!!

12 comments:

  1. That was a great way to post and just a little different. Ooh, raspberries which I love.
    It certainly must be hot there at the moment as a few people have mentioned it. I have an Aled Jones CD which I play quite often, but not that one. Enjoy the warmth and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post, Susan. It was fun to do. :o)

      Delete
  2. Ha ha, love that quote, that gave me a giggle. I rarely wear dresses but I've bought three recently so I must start and wear them more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore a dress again today - so comfy not to have a waistband in all this heat! I even wore it to Asda's and nobody looked at me as if I was strange! :o)

      Delete
  3. Oh that quote made me laugh! I totally get what you mean about the heat, it has been horrid the last few days hasn't it. I am so glad that it is cooler today, I can certainly feel the difference. I too have been wearing as thin dresses as possible! A great 10!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That quote has to be one of the best ever. You'd just need to pick someone with the same size of feet! LOL

      Delete
  4. I love the quote - so apt. As for the heat, I thank goodness that my office is nice & air conditioned. Like working in a cool box - lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An air-conditioned office is definitely the best kind when it's warm and sticky!

      Delete
  5. I love the quote - although with my little feet, with most people's shoes I would look like a child wearing her Mum's shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You'd have to pick your person very carefully! :oD

      Delete
  6. You're a funny girl Anne -- thanks for the laugh! I'm with you on the heat -- I could never live in places like Arizona or Florida -- toooo hot for me. Give me snow and freezing temps any day! Hope you've had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wonder what people who live in hot places talk about. I mean, here in Scotland, we *always* seem to be talking about the weather! :oD


      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)