Wednesday, 6 July 2016

more bags, more pinnies and another 6344

I did some more tartan bee sewing last week. Bags - 2 of all of these apart from the red sheep which I only had enough fabric to make 1.

And pinnies - 1 of all of these:

Then this week, I decided to do some dressmaking for a wee change. I got a remnant of flowery viscose for all of £4 and managed to eke out another New Look 6344 - view C this time - no collar.

To be honest, even as I bought the fabric, I wasn't too sure I liked it.

Then I washed it and ironed it and still wasn't too sure. Then I cut it out and started making it and thought - "meh".

But now that I see it made up and on dolly the dummy, I think I like it!

Not bad for £4!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Anne, I love your makes. That top is so cute and I bet it's very flattering on. The rabbit fabric you used in the bags and aprons is adorable. Do you happen to know who makes it? I hope you're having a good week, take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I don't know who makes the rabbit fabric and I don't have any left to check the selvedge edge. Sorry.

      Delete
  2. The bags & pinnies are made from great fabrics. Actually the blouse is great too, and would look lovely with a blue skirt. Well done. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I had the top on today with my denim skirt and, you're right, it did look lovely! At least I thought it did! LOL

      Delete
  3. Beautiful bags and pinnies, as always Anne. And, as always again, I love those sheepies LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. Yes, the sheepies are fab, aren't they? :oD

      Delete
  4. Lovely makes and I really like the blouse. I like the style without the collar and I think I maybe could sew this?? I can never get proper tops to fit as they are not the right proportions for my large bust, are too long and generally far too big in the shoulders. Going to look at your shop now. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catriona. The top is quite easy to make so I don't see why you couldn't make it! :o)

      Delete
  5. As always, you make me feel lazy, you make so much!! And like Anna, I love the sheepies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make you feel lazy? No way! You're the one who's always busy making things! You and Anna definitely have a thing about sheepies! LOL

      Delete
  6. Lovely. I think the red sheepies are my favourite. I like the blouse, it's nice and summery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)