Saturday, 25 June 2016

pink jacket, cinnamon buns and more

This week I've had a bit of a sore throat along with a chesty cough (still got the cough - yuck!) so I haven't done as much as I wanted to do. However, I did get the pink jacket made.

It's another incarnation of Butterick 5616 - previous versions are here, here, here and here.

This next photo is more like the actual colour.

This morning we had some cinnamon buns for breakfast. I didn't make said buns - I bought them in the fridges aisle of the supermarket. Mmmm, I see they're called Cinnamon Swirls. Oh well, they're cinnamon buns to me! ;o)

We've had these before done in the oven - as you're meant to - but, this morning, we cooked them in the waffle maker. Success! They only took about 3 minutes in there as opposed to 11 to 14 minutes in the oven (which has to be preheated) so much, much quicker.

They were crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside but the best bit - there's plenty of room for the icing to sit in the holes! Delish!

Joanna and I took a trip along the coast to the patchwork shop and, needless to say, I got some scrap bag bargains ...

... and some fat quarter bargains and a sale piece of fabric. No plans for any of this except to add it all to the stash.

This afternoon, I cut out some more pinnies -

and some bags for the tartan bee.

I need to get some fabrics for linings for the bags but I'm thinking I'll just get a sheet or two from Asda's as they usually have some nice colours in there. Well, they're nice for bag linings, I'm not sure I'd want lime green sheets on my bed but I'm sure some people do!

Now a couple of random photos. Our first strawberries of the season - much better than any in the shops!

And this is what happens to a plate that says "microwave safe" on the bottom of it when you put it in the microwave.

Thankfully, my baked potato survived!

13 comments:

  1. Love your pink jacket (my favourite colour), and those cinnamon buns look rather delicious & what a good idea heating them in the waffle maker. I'm sure the fabrics will end up in something interesting, knowing what you can do. Whoops!!! Not a useable plate anymore. Hope your cold is soon better and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for allowing anonymous comments as I don't have any of the other things! I love looking at all your makes but that pink jacket has my name on it if you could just send it to me-thanks :-)))
    I think I may have been in that fabric shop you visited as I had seen them at the Quilt Show and may have spent an amount of money for whichI had no projects in mind. Wet and windy Sunday so doing some hand sewing of hexies whilst blog hopping. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Catriona. The shop we went to was Very Crafty in Lower Largo. I always buy their scrap bags - I think they remind me of lucky bags when we were wee. Remember those? You didn't know what kind of sweets would be in them but that was half the fun! :oD

      Delete
    2. That's the one! My brother used to love the Lucky Bags that banged when you blew them up and to this day,I jump when omething makes a similar noise! Catriona

      Delete
  3. I do like that jacket pattern! How annoying about your plate - fortunately that's something that I haven't experienced. Excellent fabric purchases - you can never have too much in your stash!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard quite a loud pop and, when I realised it came from the microwave, I opened the door pretty quickly to avoid spoiling my baked potato! Was more bothered about my tattie than I was about the plate! LOL

      Adding to stash is always good fun! :o)

      Delete
  4. The pink jacket is just so you. Definitely your colour. And I'll need to try those cinnamon rolls the next time I'm visiting at brekkie!
    Quick question - what are you going to do to if you get nefarious offers, for nefarious things, from nefarious people that aren't anonymous (i.e. me!)? ;) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwa ha ha. I'll think of some evil punishment - like eating cinnamon buns in front of you without offering you any! :oD

      Delete
  5. I'm not nefarious!! Even if I am late commenting on this post! Love your new jacket the colour is great isn't it. Enjoy sewing with your new fabrics! I see some lovely ones. Great idea about the sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty pink jacket Anne! And those cinnamon buns look wonderful done in the waffle maker -- I've always wanted to try them that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. The cinnamon buns were so delicious and so much faster than waiting for them to cook in the oven. When I want a cinnamon bun for breakfast, I want it now!! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)