Thursday, 2 June 2016

back

Thanks for all the comments you left on my last post. They were all very much appreciated by all of us. Life is a bit hectic at the moment with regular 150 mile round trips to Douglas's mum's house which are exhausting both physically and mentally. We're getting there though - slowly. It all takes time.

Okay, let's see what I have to show you. I haven't done much sewing in the last few weeks but I have done some so let me show you what's on my camera.

First of all, I finished off that baby quilt I was making. I finished it off not long after I posted about it (at the end of April!!) before but had forgotten all about it!

I especially liked the fleece on the back. It was a huge piece out of the remnant box of my local fabric shop. I suspect there's enough for at least another 3 baby quilts. I do love a bargain!

Joanna got some new specs and asked me if I'd make her a spec case for them. So I did.

Unfortunately, although the specs did fit in the spec case, it was a bit of a tight fit so I decided to make her another one. This time I used an appliqué design on my embroidery machine. Very cool! Thankfully this one fits her spex much better! Yay!

May went by in a bit of a blur and Joanna's and my birthdays got a bit lost in the flood of other things going on. I managed to do some embroideries for her for her birthday.

I framed them all using flexi hoops. So easy to do!

She loved them all and has now got them all hanging up in her house.

I used double-sided sellotape around the inner hoop to hold the fabric in place. As they're just for hanging on a wall, I'm hoping the tape will do the job well enough.

I have a few other embroideries and appliqués to show which I'll save for another day - hopefully in the not too distant future!

12 comments:

  1. Great to see an update Anne and all that travelling would certainly have you feeling exhausted. Hope there's not too much more to do. Love the backing on the baby quilt and you certainly find some 'great' bits in your bagain bins. You are doing well with your embroidery machine. Belated birthday greetings to both you and your daughter. Take care, breathe and smell the flowers a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne, I hope you're able to finish up and rest soon. It sounds like it has been stressful. I've enjoyed seeing your makes in this post, it's good that you've had a little time for creativity with everything else going on. Take care and happy birthday wishes to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I'm hoping to get more time to sew soon. Even Douglas has said it's strange when I don't sew! LOL

      Delete
  3. Goodness, all that travelling, I do hope you get it all sorted soon. It seems to just add to the grief after losing someone to then have to deal with sorting everything out. I love all your makes, the backing for the quilt is perfect and I adore that doggy fabric. You've certainly got to grips with the embroidery machine, they're fab. Happy belated birthday to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. The travelling itself isn't too bad but we have to go through Glasgow and the traffic there is just awful - or it is to me. I'm sure for the people who are used to it, it's not as bad as it feels to me! Thankfully, I'm not behind the wheel of the car - I'm sitting crouched down in the passenger seat trying not to look! LOL

      Delete
  4. Looks like you've managed to squeak out some sewing time in spite of all the other demands on your time. The embroideries are so cute -- are they from embroidery library?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Anna, most of them are from embroidery library. I've discovered their dollar sales - you can pick up a lot of things in a dollar sale! LOL

      Delete
    2. I just love those embroideries! That book one is so ME. *-* Thank you for sharing all your lovely photos of all the lovely things you make!

      Delete
  5. Lovely to hear from you Anne. I hope that you can take a rest for a little while and catch up with yourselves. Happy belated Birthday and to Joanna too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)