Saturday, 14 May 2016

Granny

M. D. L.

24 September 1924 - 12 May 2016

Douglas's mum died this week. She was 91 years old and still living on her own - amazing! Granny's funeral is being held on the 19th of May - exactly a year since my own mum's funeral. Isn't it strange how things work out like that?

Obviously, things are sad around here and we're going to be busy with all the things involved with the passing of a loved one so I don't think I'll be blogging for a while. I won't be replying to any comments left on this post or by e-mail or messages but please know that I will read them all and be grateful for each and every one of them.

11 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, Anne. As you say, it's wonderful to get to such an age and still be independent and it really is the best way to go having lived that way to the end, but it doesn't make it any less sad when it happens. I'm sure you'll have lots of mixed emotions with it being so close to the time a year ago when you lost your own mum. Sending lots of hugs for you all at this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for you loss. Keeping you in my prayers during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, Anne. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad to hear about your loss. Our thoughts are with you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear your news. Look after yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for yours and Douglas' loss. My sincere condolences to you and your family. My thoughts are with you and I am sending hugs. My hand is in your pocket. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you and your family. Sending you hugs. Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, I'm so sorry Anne. I think we're at an age where more and more sadness creeps in. Sending you big hugs. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm, not sure why the previous comment was unknown -- it's me -- Anna. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry to read this Anne. I am very behind on my blog reading and saw from your latest post that something had happened. This is sad news, but how wonderful that she lived to 91 and still was able to do everything she wanted herself. Sending my love and prayers to you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)