Monday, 28 March 2016

a spotty top and some shortening

I told you last time that I was attempting to make another jacket for our next Singers' concert at the end of April. If I say that I know when to stop beating my head against a dead horse, you might get the idea that the jacket has been abandoned. Correct!

Moving swiftly on. I made myself a new top last week and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I used this pattern - New Look 6344. I made view B but at the length of view C.

This is it hanging on a hanger on my wardrobe door.

Douglas offered to take a photo of me in it so I agreed. I do love this top!

I wore the top yesterday and it is sooooooo comfortable. It even sits well at the neck when I wear it with a cardigan. Yay! I already have plans for at least one more ... and probably more than one!

We got a charity bag through our letter box the other day so I dug through my wardrobe looking for things I wanted rid of. As I was digging, I was in two minds about 3 blouses. I liked the blouses well enough but hardly ever wore them because they had long sleeves. So, what does a person who sews do in a case like this? She cuts the sleeves down to short sleeves!

I now have 3 more wearable blouses in my wardrobe and the charity bag did get a few things too so everybody benefits!

8 comments:

  1. Your new blouse looks lovely and a design that I could probably wear, so is this a current pattern or an old one? Your clothes making skills are so good, you should hold classes. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. :o)

      It's a current pattern so you should be able to get a hold of it.

      Delete
  2. A lovely blouse and it really suits you. I hate clothes which are uncomfortable, it's all about comfort for me so it's good that you feel so comfortable in it and a pattern you should definitely make again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It's all about comfort for me too. I hate things that are too tight in the sleeves or too loose around the neck. This pattern doesn't have either of those faults so it will definitely be used over and over again!

      Delete
  3. I love your new top - it has a lovely neckline. I have started a new rule when buying clothes - for every new thing put in the wardrobe, and old thing has to go to the charity shop ....... I wonder how long that will last!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite ruthless when I go through my wardrobe - if something doesn't fit me or I don't like it for any reason, out it goes. Someone else will fit it or like it ... and the charity will benefit from it too! Good luck with your one-in/one-out policy!

      Delete
  4. Love the new top - it's very pretty on you. And it's very thrifty to change your 'old' clothes into something you would actually wear. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's almost like getting something for nothing - or, in this case, 3 somethings for nothing! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)