Monday, 1 February 2016

LTP - all done!

Over the weekend, I got all the rows of the LTP joined together with their white strips on the front and stripey strips on the back. Here's the front:

And the back:

If you look at the stripey strip between the 3rd and 4th rows down from the top, you might notice that the stripes are different from all the others. That's deliberate! I didn't have enough of the original stripe to do the binding for the edge but I did have enough of another stripe so I used that stripe for one of the joining rows to (sort of) tie it all together. Here's the binding being sewn on to the top by machine:

Here it is waiting for me to pin it on to the back. Don't you love those singers? :oD

This is me sitting under the quilt yesterday evening hand sewing the binding on to the back.

I had to wait until today to get photos taken of the quilt in all its glory. Isn't it FAB? I love it! (Please take note of the sunshine - it didn't last long!!)

And this is the back.

I had decided, when I was doing my dummy run, that it would be way too complicated to try to get a good layout for the top and for the bottom at the same time, so I just didn't bother about how the back would turn out. I actually like that there are some yellows together, reds together and 4 darks in a row.

I've already sat under this quilt on the couch tonight and it's very, very cosy. I'm really pleased at how my LTP turned out. :o)

18 comments:

  1. Wow, it is super fun quilt with all the different fabrics and I love the way you quilted each block and how you put them all together, almost like two quilts in one. Very vibrant !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful both on the front and the back. Very colourful and effective. I wasn't sure when you were making the blocks, but put together it's a real work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love it, both the front and the back. Those singers are really cute and I've seen lots of other designs included in the quilt that I like too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Those singers make me smile every time I see them! :o)

      Delete
  4. Lovely quilt Anne. I wasn't sure bt now its done I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. I'm quite proud of it! :o)

      Delete
  6. I love, love, love it and now think I'll be turning a heap of leftover binding strips into something similar (30+ years worth) as a project to do when I have spare time. My sewing binding to the back is putting most of the quilt over the arm of the chair so I don't get too hot at the moment.(giggle). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I'm waiting patiently - allegedly - for it to be that warm here! *sigh*

      Delete
  7. Wow Anne!!! It is fantastic!!!! You really are so very clever!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I think all the hard work has been worth it! :o)

      Delete
  8. Oh, it's beautiful. I've been enjoying watching this quilt come together, Anne. You're a very talented quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the quilt - so pretty! I might have to put in an order for one for myself!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or maybe I could show you how to do it and you could make it yourself???? ;o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)