Wednesday, 3 February 2016

back to dressmaking - another pinafore

I started another pinafore dress for Joanna yesterday and finished it off today. I used the same pattern as I used last time - McCall's 7241, view C.

Here it is all finished and ready to go home with Joanna.

Again, I didn't line the bodice as suggested in the pattern but used a self-made bias binding instead around the neck and armholes - a spotty one this time.

This picture gives a better idea of the colour of the fabric - a lovely maroon.

I have some Black Watch tartan ready to make another one of these but I'm going to leave that one for a wee while - the very idea of matching the tartan on princess seams (on the bodice) and pleats (on the skirt) is giving me the heeby jeebies! :oD

12 comments:

  1. Very nice! I think the spotted bias tape is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! The pleats are lovely aren't they, but I can understand the tartan pleats heebie geebies!! You will be fine!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. The tartan would be easy to do if it was only one set of matching but I'd need to do it on the width and the length - too much to even think about right now!

      Delete
  3. Very nice. I wish my mum had learnt to sew, what a lucky girl Joanna is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will send you my measurements .......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, but a tartan would definitely be hard matching those stripes/checks on all the pleats. On the pattern above, I'm not sure about the two-tone one. Maybe it's just the colours they show. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I had another look at the pattern after you saying that and am now wondering if I can do the unpleated skirt version in the tartan. I'll have to investigate that as it would definitely make the matching easier!

      Delete
  6. Love it - thank you, mama. It's planned for a Monday debut! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's a fun pattern to make - but maybe not so much in tartan! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)