Friday, 26 February 2016

all sorts of sewing - and some knitting!

I made a skirt last Saturday and couldn't think why I hadn't blogged about it. Then I remembered - I was so excited about the bag I made on Saturday afternoon that the morning's achievement got forgotten. Woops!

Here's the skirt.

I used my self-made pattern from the "Sew What Skirts" book again. I've already worn it a couple of times and it's just as comfy as all the others I've made from that pattern.

On Monday I wanted to use up a couple of curtain samples that I had so first I made a bag:

Then I made a pinny:

There was still a wee bit left so I made a pair of oven gloves.

From the other sample, I made 2 pinnies like this.

These have now been washed and added to my kitchen drawer of pinnies and oven gloves. I think I might need to start another drawer as that one's getting really full!

Yesterday, I finished my socks. I'm really pleased with them - and even more pleased with myself for finishing them.

I've got another ball of sock yarn ready to make the next pair but I might try and see if I can make some headway with my crocheted hexagon blanket first.

This morning I finished the pink baby quilt I'd cut out last week. I think it's adorable but then I might be slightly biased! LOL

The back is a baby pink fleece with white hearts. The hearts are on their sides but I'm sure it doesn't matter!

I've already got some blues cut out and sewn together for a blue baby quilt.

I'm really enjoying making these baby quilts. I still have quite a few bits of fleece in my stash so I'm just going to keep making them for now. I would say it's a good way to use up scraps but, to be honest, I think I generate more scraps than I use up.

14 comments:

  1. A very productive week. I love handknitted socks, they're so snuggly and really keep your feet warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I'm really pleased with my socks - both for finishing them and for how cosy they are!

      Delete
  2. Boy, you have been busy. I hope this comment appears as it seems my last one got lost once again in the ether. I did ask if you were going to put out a pattern for that gorgeous bag you made. I have some sock wool I purchased last winter, but keep putting off making them as I've never knitted a pair. I think everyone should spur me on! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of doing a tutorial for the bag. It's something I'd have to think long and hard about. The socks were a lot easier to knit than I thought they'd be. I hadn't knitted socks since I was in the Girl Guides - a long, long time ago - but it all came flooding back!

      Delete
  3. If only my life could be like yours, Scotland, crafting... it would be perfect! I love the pinny with the flowers on - a gardening pinny in the spring time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Chel. Loving in Scotland has been pretty perfect for the last few days as it hasn't been raining. Mind you, it has been really cold so, not that perfect after all! :oD

      Delete
  4. The quilt is lovely and fresh looking. Did you put batting in between or just quilt it straight on to the fleece. I'm still learning to quilt so just have to ask questions when I think of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just put the patchwork top right on top of the fleece for the back then I quilt them together. No batting layer between them. Don't worry about asking questions - it's the best way to learn! :o)

      Delete
  5. Lots of lovely things. :D Tilly especially liked the socks (as do I) when she came round on Thursday and tried to chew them. She was annoyed when I wouldn't let her. "She's not even here - why can't I just have them?" Ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered why the socks had moved to the top of the piano! Dad just told me Tilly was "really interested" in them! :oD

      Delete
  6. What a lot of sewing! I love your tartan skirt - isn't it good when you have a pattern which is a great fit, and comfy to wear. Well done on finishing the socks - I have several balls of sock yarn in my stash - I guess I will have to get them knitted ready for next winter, as hopefully spring will appear any minute now!! And I know what you mean about using up scraps generating more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love my skirt pattern. I've had to alter it a time or too - thankfully more taking it in than letting it out! - but it's a really comfy skirt and it looks good too! I always think I'll get through a lot of scraps but I swear the boxes get more full each time I go into them!

      Delete
  7. Wow Anne -- you've been busy! I think my favorite is the adorable pink baby quilt -- you're not biased at all!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)