Wednesday, 10 February 2016

a nightie, a dress and a sock

I decided to make myself a new nightie using my old faithful pattern - Style 2363.

As I've said before about this pattern, it's older than either of my girls but I love it and will never part with it! This is my new nightie made in a pure cotton which I got in the January sales at Dunelm Mill - cost me £2.49 per metre. Not too shabby for pure cotton, I'd say!

This is a close up to show the sweet floral design. The ribbon doesn't quite go but, hey, it's a nightie. Who cares what colour the ribbon is? Not me!

I made myself another Lady Skater Dress.

Santa Claus brought me this knitted fabric. Who'd have thought that dragonflies could look so lovely?

I love the Lady Skater Dress pattern. This is my 3rd rendition of it and will no doubt get worn just as much as the other two do. Here's the first one I made here and the second one is here.

I've been busy knitting with 4 DPNs (double pointed needles) recently. Guess what I've been knitting? Socks! This is the first one about to decrease for the toes.

I've now only got to finish off the toes and then start on the second sock. I'm using this pattern.

I had bought a 40cm circular needle to see if I preferred using that to the 4 DPNs but I got myself in a bit of a tangle with it. I think it was too long and too short at the same time. Too long to knit round and round easily but too short to be able to make a magic loop like I did with the sheepy hat. I actually quite enjoyed using the 4 DPNs once I got going. I think the last time I knitted socks was for my Knitter's badge at Girl Guides. I'm not going to even think about how long ago that was!! LOL

12 comments:

  1. I think 20cm circular needle is what they recommend for socks. I've always used dpns and I get on okay with them but I thought I might give a circular needle a go at some time. I'd like to have a go at toe up socks too, I've only ever knit cuff down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had thought about getting a shorter circular needle but I'm managing well enough with the DPNs so I'm not going to bother. Toe up socks might be interesting to knit but then you'd have the cast on edge at your toes. I wonder how that would feel?

      Delete
  2. The dress is fantastic isn't it! I am sure that it looks really pretty on you, great fabric! Love the sock picture with the trying on session!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. :o) I felt a bit daft trying my sock on over my tights! LOL

      Delete
  3. I do like that dress pattern - and the fabric is sweet! I much prefer DPNs for sock knitting, although I have knitted two at a time on a circular needle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. :o)

      I don't even want to think about knitting two socks at the same time on a circular needle! Eeeek!

      Delete
  4. That nightie is lovely, even though I only wear PJ's. I do like that dress and think maybe it's something I could actually wear. I've never knitted socks, but bought a ball of sock wool last year, so that might be something for my winter list. Your'e so clever in all the crafts. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha - that picture of you trying on the sock is ace! Loving the nightie, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks. I didn't try to stand up in the sock - probably just as well! :oD

      Delete
  6. And the dress, of course. Love the dress so much and it looks amazing on you. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress was even more comfy on than I thought it would be! Felt like I was wearing jammies! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)