Sunday, 3 January 2016

the 2016 sewing begins

I made my first make of the year yesterday. It's a black denim skirt made from a remnant I'd bought (years ago?) which had the price of £1 written on it. I used this pattern (again) - Butterick 5466, view A.

Here's the skirt on the hanger.

And a photo showing the black spotty cotton I used for the facings.

That's the first sewn item written in my new sewing notebook. I wonder how many there'll be by the end of the year? Quite a few, I suspect. I doubt there'll be many that are as good a bargain as this denim skirt, though!

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty! And go you for getting something done this year already. The only thing I've done in 2016 is break my resolutions!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL That's exactly why I don't make any resolutions! :oD

      Delete
  2. Well done. We are only 4 days into the year so far. I did take my little Xmas quilt off the machine on New Year's Day and machined the binding on the next day, but then I did have it on the machine whilst we were away, so not really done this year (giggle). Hope the weather hasn't been too bad in your area of Scotland. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. The weather has been bad - rain, wind, more rain, more wind etc. - but, thankfully, there's not much flooding around our area - or at least not as bad as other places!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is a bargain, and very nice it is too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. The zip cost more than the fabric did!!

      Delete
  4. That is a very good first sew of the year! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)