It's another version of my own pattern which I made using the "Sew What Skirts" book. I got the fabric from Santa - thanks, Santa! :oD
It's a lovely grey stripey fabric - a bit hard to see in the photos. This time I was "boring" and made the facings out of the proper fabric.
Next I made a new cover for Douglas's mum's diary.
The one I'd made for her a few years ago didn't fit her new diary so I asked Douglas to measure the new diary for me. It's always so much easier to make these covers when you have the diary on hand to test to see if the cover fits so I'll be keeping my fingers tightly crossed that I've got it right!
Yesterday, I decided to make myself some brown trousers. I had bought the fabric back in September when I discovered that all my trousers were too big for me. (Yay!!) These ones are a perfect fit.
I made them using my old faithful pattern - Simplicity 5844, view E.
Then today, I decided to tackle the last piece of fabric that Santa gave me to make skirts with. I used Butterick 5466, view A (see here for photo of the pattern) but this time I widened it at the hem by about 6" in total. It's now more of an A-line skirt rather than a pencil skirt.
It's hard to see but there is a dark pink pinstripe on the navy fabric. I used a dark pink spotty cotton for the facings.
So far this year, I've made 4 skirts, 1 pinafore dress, 1 pair of trousers and 1 diary cover. Not too shabby considering it's only the 12th of January!