It was so late in the afternoon when I finished it, I had to use the flash to make the pinafore show up in the photos. The colour of the pinafore is actually showing up quite well - a darkish grey.
The bodice is supposed to be lined and I did cut out the lining pieces but decided I would just use some self-made tartan bias binding on the neck and sleeve edges instead. It would probably have been quicker to have lined it but that wouldn't have been nearly as much fun! The bias binding is showing up well in the photos but won't show when Joanna's wearing the pinafore dress.
So, that's me at the bottom of the crate of dressmakeries (!!) for Joanna. The crate is empty - for now anyway!