Wednesday, 27 January 2016

LTP - let the joining begin

I got all the LTP blocks quilted:

Then I trimmed them all to 8" square:

Had a dummy run of the layout on our bed:

This isn't the final layout as I realised after joining the first row that I had done them upside down and back to front (!!!) so I had to have another dummy run today to make sure it still looked okay. It does so I'm now in the joining process.

I've taken some photos how I do the joining process and hope to post those tomorrow but, in the meantime, this is row A - the top:

And row A - the back.

It's looking good so far - even if I do say so myself! :o)

10 comments:

  1. That already looks stunning - looking forward to seeing the finished item!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela. I find it easier to quilt in small doses so this method is perfect for me! :o)

      Delete
  2. I look forward to seeing your process for putting them together as I'd like to try this method, but panic at the thought of joining them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easier than you'd think, Fran. And, the doing of it is easier than trying to explain how it's done! LOL

      Delete
  3. Very pretty. Shame Tilly wasn't there to make a mess of your design! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I deliberately did the dummy run on the bed when she wasn't here! I know what she's like when it comes to quilts on beds! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)