Monday, 18 January 2016

from Archer to Amaryllis

I finished another Archer shirt on Saturday.

I love this one just as much as the first one I made which I blogged about here. It's a really dark navy needlecord with flowers in various colours all over it. I picked some creamy flower buttons to go with it - very appropriate!

After finishing the shirt, I was looking through my piles of fabric wondering what to make next. I had a bit leftover from a dress I made in December 2014 and realised it was big enough to make a tablecloth with so that's exactly what I did. I overlocked and hemmed the edges, gave it a quick press and then, about 10 minutes after digging it out of the pile, put it on the dining room table. Lovely!

I must remember and not lie on the table with my dress on or I'll be invisible! LOL

Yesterday I cut out and started sewing a pair of grey trousers. I finished them off today. Another pair of Simplicity 5844, view E.

Lastly, this is our Amaryllis.

Isn't it glorious?

There's still another flower to come. I hope these three are still out when the last flower opens. It'll be even more fabulous than it is!

14 comments:

  1. Wow Anne, you really are on a great sewing roll this year!! I hope that you keep enjoying it. Your amaryllis is beautiful isn't it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas was in charge of the amaryllis tending this year and he's done a great job. I think I'll always give the job to him now! :o)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Amy, way to go, you are quite the sewer. Do you ever buy any clothes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL not a lot, no. Basically, if I can make it myself, I will - or I'll give it a good try!

      Delete
  3. Your wardrobes must be getting quite full with all these new clothes, very nice they are too. Your amaryllis is gorgeous. Eleanor bought me a bulb for Christmas and I've just set it off, I doubt it will take too long before it's flowering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go through my wardrobes regularly to get rid if things I don't wear or don't like any more. The charity shops do quite well from my clear outs! LOL

      Delete
  4. You're too funny -- we don't want you disappearing into the table LOL. Very pretty blouse. And flower too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blouse is beautiful! I just love the fabric and the style of the shirt. Really classic and tailored. Please don't wear your dress on the table, we'll never see you again. :) Lovely amaryllis, aren't they wonderful? I'm so glad I bought one this year. I usually have narcissus at Christmas but the amaryllis really took my breath away. Hope you're having a good week so far, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I'm really chuffed with the amaryllis. Douglas was in charge of it so I think he'll always be the amaryllis man from now on! LOL

      Delete
  6. Your blouse and trousers look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fabric in that blouse and well made of course. Nice tablecloth and you've made me realise how old most of mine are, though they are in good condition, just a little tired of them now. Your amaryllis is looking good and so cheeful for winter. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I was tired of the spotty tablecloth I made last year as it always seemed to need washed. I'm hoping this dark one lasts longer between washes! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)